Lead Design Engineer for Landing Gear and Actuation Systems
As a LDE, the candidate will have responsibility for the team that are contributing to development projects, supporting in-service products and research and technology. He/she will have strong general Mechanical Engineering knowledge gained over several years, and ability to work autonomously with important supervision capability in this role, Being Tutor and Trainer to the Team.
The candidate will be able to propose and agree Landing Gear and Actuation Systems Design conceptual studies, co-ordinate the technical quality of the work package activities, to act as, and represent the Design Technical focal and mentor for the team, check and approve design deliverables, ensure the creation, progression and usage of new Design methods within the team.
He/she will finalize the equipment design to fully satisfy technical and airworthiness requirements and to guarantee design optimization of the manufacturing processes. He/she will support equipment qualification and final delivery testing.
Mechanical or Aeronautical Master Degree. Alternatively, Technical/Scientific Degree with Mechanical or Aeronautical significant and specific landing gear and actuation design experience will be evaluated.
Consolidated mechanical design experience of 10 years minimum with specific focus on landing gear structural and functional design, kinematics, and Hydro/Electro-Mechanical Actuation Systems and Components. Functioning and conceptual architecture sketch, strong CATIA V5 experience, complete 2D drafting manufacturing drawings with deep experience in Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) especially in precision coupling tolerance analysis, special treatments/finishing processes and preliminary part sizing evaluation. Previous international work experience in Aerospace Companies/Sector particularly on Hydro/Electro-Mechanical systems/equipment is highly preferred.
• Advanced design knowledge of hydro/electro-mechanical devices functioning. Landing gear shock absorbers, kinematics, hydraulic actuators and valves, electro-mechanical linear and rotary actuators design.
• Strong knowledge of CATIA V5 with relevant Kinematics, Tubing, and Wiring modules. Capability of using additional CAE tools. Design skills for “Additive Manufacturing” is a plus.
• Knowledge of Aerospace materials and manufacturing processes and hold an appreciation of how this knowledge is applicable to the Design process in terms of fatigue and stress limitations
• Proven Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) capability especially in precision coupling tolerance.
• Knowledge of metallic material properties. Relevant special treatments and finishing processes for structural characteristics improvements and corrosion prevention/protection.
• Advanced knowledge/usage of PLM system for configuration and documentation management.
• Basic knowledge of structural modeling and simulation tools for preliminary sizing of parts designed.
• Advanced use of software tools for documents editing, calculation sheet, and slides preparation.
• Strong Teamwork
• Ability to multi-task and work to tight timelines
• Fluent English written and spoken. Bilingual would be an asset.
• Problem Solving
• Customer Orientation
• Stress situation management
• Strong Communication skills also in international environments